Monday, January 5, 2009

I Still Like Toys.

So, the holidays are over, and all the purtys have been put away. Friends and family have been visited. Parties have been attended. Folks have been entertained. Money has been spent. And, a good time was had by all -- I think. Of course, my bride does most of the work. I certainly do my part -- by keeping out of the way.

I did treat myself to a new little toy, however. No, not a new flat screen TV, since my old big-box TV is still good. Besides, I can fall asleep in front of my old one just like I could in front of a new one.

I bought a new electric pizzelle baker. My old electric one had seen better days, and I was not going to use the old stove-top baker that I have. My mother and dad used it, but it is labour-intensive, and I am not in to that. For those of you who do not know what a pizzelle is, you should look it up. Basically, it's a thin, crispy Italian cookie -- somewhat like a waffle. They taste good.

I have made one batch already, and another one is due to be made soon.

Happy New Year to all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have two. One that makes the full size and one that makes the minitures. When I am making them for parties and wedding I use the small one. You are welcome to borrow anytime. E-mail me and share your recipe for them and I will give you mine. We can compare. Your friend.

Donato's Mixed Bag said...

A,

Sounds good.

Send me your favorite email address to donato60@gmail.com

Made another batch today. Quite good, but I may have left something out or most likely not used enough of something. I'll have to wait while they "age."

Trina Baughn said...

Yummy! I'll take a dozen, please.

Seriously though, where in the world did you buy such a gadget? I can't imagine having room for anymore than I have now. When I get tempted, I just recall an old episode of the Cosby Show when Cliff wanted to make waffles and Claire went through the cupboards pointing out all of the never-used devices he'd amassed.

Anonymous said...

Guess you have to be Italian to understand. This IS a necessity like a coffee pot is to you.

Donato's Mixed Bag said...

"Protect...,"

It's all about priorities. Make room for those material things that, for some reason, you think are important. Pizzelle baker, coffee pots, pasta maker, computers, lawnmower, etc. Simple pleasures. But, this gadget really doesn't take that much room -- about the size of a waffle iron.

Go to your favorite search engine, type in pizzelle baker, and you can locate one of these.