Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa Rocks into Town

Once again, Santa came. Amazing. Sometimes I wonder if he really pays attention throughout the year, or if he is just very forgiving.

Grandson got a "Guitar Hero" game. He is really quite good at that game. Late in the afternoon, my bride, my daughter, grandson, and I were huddled around the game -- each with a different part to play -- yes a regular rock "band." Grandson was good. The rest of us were very marginal, but he was very patient with us as we tried to learn. For those of us of a mature age, there is nothing easy about that game

Our renditions of "Hotel California," "Beat It," and "Eye of the Tiger" were just barely recognizable -- at the "easy" level. We actually made it all the way through the last one without getting cut off by the game.

But, we had a good time.

Merry Christmas to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that these grandbabies have entered all of our lives Christmas has been revived as to what is was when we had children. The difference is we are quite a bit older and it might be a little harder to stay up until all hours. I wouldn't give it up for the world though. Glad a good time was had by all and a Happy New Year to my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, small childre, we still have children.

Donato's Mixed Bag said...

A,

I understand completely. And, I appreciate your comments.

A continuing Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

--D