Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Tomorrow, April 26, marks three years with my new hip. Seems to be working just fine. It's not perfect, of course, but it's much better than what the original had become. It was nothing but two bones rubbing together. I was afraid I was going to set myself on fire. Hurt like the dickens, too. There was absolutely no way to get comfortable. Replacing that one part solved a lot of problems.

Now, it's hard to compare my new fake hip with the original model. The Original Manufacturer made a pretty good product. But these parts do wear out.

So, I'm going through the life stages: build up, maintain, repair, and spare parts. I may be at the spare parts stage, and I am glad that medical science keeps improving these parts. Besides, my new part reduced my overall average age. However, I am not ready to repeat the experience any time soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you can survive the surgery for spare parts then you are good to go. Surviving is questionable though. These surgies are killers.