Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Walk, Mow and Sweat

I felt like mowing my lawn today. I have no idea what got into me, but I had been putting it off because my riding mower may be terminal and I really didn't feel like walking all over my yard -- behind a push mower. I've fixed my rider three times, and it's starting to get a bit more expensive that I want to deal with. So, I fired up my pusher and went to work. About four hours later (about an acre of mowing) and lots of sweat, I finished. This included trimming. I was focused.

I still have my rider. That piece of machinery is 16 years old. Now I have to decide what to do with it. But, walking in what seemed to be like a steam bath this morning and afternoon is helping me to decide.

I sweat so much that I am sure it was very cleansing. But, as I walked and sweat, I kept thinking of the words my dad would say and would probably still be saying. He would have looked at me and seen me drenched in sweat and said something like this. "Take-a lottsa water out."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great exercise. Sign man walks it all the time along with walking 18 holes. He says it is good for the soul. Good time to clear your mind and solve the problems of the world, if you don't die in the process.

Donato's Mixed Bag said...

I was a wreck last night.

Anonymous said...

Oh come on, you were an athlete. Don't give in to age. As I think you told me, it's just a number.